Chinese loves adding Flower Crabs when making Steamboat as the meat is really sweet. Steaming it in a distinct sauce is also one of the most common methods of cooking this crab.
- 1 Flower Crab
- 250g Enoki
- 1 sprig Spring Onion
- 500ml Chicken broth
- 5 tbsp Carnation Evaporate Milk
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp minced Ginger
- 2 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- When choosing crab, get one with roes for tastier soup base.
- Wash crab thoroughly. Remove crab legs by twisting & pulling them off. Loosen shell by lifting it, then turning crab over to remove shell by peeling it apart from body as shown in pix .
- Dispose gills from body. Rinse crab.
- Crack the legs.
- Cut off roots from Enoki & set aside.
- Heat stock & add crabs. Simmer for about 10 mins. Over-cooking will turn meat tough.
- Add Enoki, Spring Onion, Milk, seasonings & stir well. Lastly, add wine to your aromatic soup & you’re ready to serve your tasty dish!
Flower Crabs are really economical & relatively easy to cook compared to other species. So beginners cook who wanna try their hands on cooking a crab dish can always start off with this recipe.
See it on my blog
Check out this yummy soup for this Mother’s Day!