This prawn cocktail has come a long way since the 1970’s. Fresh coriander, cucumber, spring onions and chilli give the classic entree a Mexican flavour boost.
- 650g cooked medium prawns, peeled and chilled
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- good handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, thinly sliced
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- For serving
- shredded lettuce or sliced celery
Prep:20min › Ready in:20min
- In a large bowl, combine prawns, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, coriander and chilli. Stir in crushed tomatoes and vinegar. Squeeze lime juice over mixture.
- Serve in glasses with shredded lettuce or slices of celery.