Why go out for Indonesian when you can make it at home? This delicious chicken satay recipe calls for chicken marinated in a peanut, soya and citrus sauce. Perfect for a party or BBQ.
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 7 tablespoons (105ml) soya sauce
- 7 tablespoons (105ml) lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce (or to taste)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, diced
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Extra time:23hr10min › Ready in:1day
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, curry powder, garlic and chilli sauce.
- Place the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Overnight is best.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto bamboo skewers, then cook for 5 minutes each side.