This is one of dishes that I like so much that I kept modifying it. It’s the 3rd revision on the blog. The first was in Year 2006, second in Year 2007 and a couple modifications after that which I did not post. For this latest recipe, I’m still sharing the usual deep-frying method. In addition, there will be an alternative, oven baked method. Those who wants a healthier choice will welcome it.
- 3 Chicken Drumstick, Deboned and cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk Pandan Leaves (about 12 – 14 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Maltose
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
Prep:1hr › Cook:1hr › Ready in:2hr
- Mix ingredients for marinade well. Marinate chicken for at least an hour.
- Drain chicken but do not need to pat dry. Wrap chicken with pandan leaves. Refer to video below on the instructions. Set aside to deep fry or oven bake.
- Fill a small pot of oil to cover at least half the wrapped chicken.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, add in the wrapped chicken.
- Remember to turn it if the oil doesn’t cover the chicken. Remove and drain on paper towel when it’s cooked. Takes about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle wrapped chicken with some oil and toss.
- Place on baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 200C for 15 minutes, turn once in-between baking.
- Increase temperature to 250C and continue baking for another 6 minutes. Remove and serve.
See it on my blog
Check out this recipe from Wokkingmum’s blog