This is a variation on the standard stir fried pak boong that my grandmother makes. It has a little more depth due to the soya sauce, fish sauce and palm sugar.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- One handful pak boong, aka water spinach or Siamese watercress, cut into finger lengths
- Dry roasted chillies to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- Fry the garlic in a hot wok until fragrant and browned. Add the soya sauce, fish sauce and sugar and heat.
- Add the pak boong and quickly fry for 5 seconds. Season with chillies.
- Serve on a platter and garnish with white pepper.