This is a street food classic. When frying the chillies, the all too familiar choking fragrance of the chillies is emitted from the kitchen. For added luxury, put a fried egg on top.
- 60g green Thai chillies
- 10 small garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 400 grams pork, chopped finely or minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 big handfuls stemmed holy basil
- 4 eggs, optional
- Fish sauce and pickled chillies to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Pound the chillies and garlic using a mortar and pestle until a coarse paste is formed.
- Heat a wok over high heat and fry the chilli-garlic paste in oil until starting to brown. Add the pork and cook until almost done.
- Add the fish sauce, soya sauce and oyster sauce and cook until almost dry. Add the basil and fry until wilted and incorporated.
- If desired, fry eggs sunny side up separately.
- To serve, put a bed of rice on a plate, top with pork and on top of all that, place the egg if using.
- Serve with fish sauce and pickled chillies condiment for your guests.