The best thing about my apple pie is it’s wonderful mouthwatering crust.It is not too crispy like a cracker nor as soft as pizza crust.The crumbly texture of the pie makes it irresistible, regardless of what kind of apple is used.This pie has been a family favorite ever since I first baked it.
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 4 table spoon cold water
- 6 medium sized apples
- 2 table spoon corn flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tea spoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tea spoon soft butter
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Extra time:3hr chilling › Ready in:4hr
- Crust: Mix salt and 2 cups flour.Rub in chopped cold butter with your finger tips.Add 4 tablespoon of cold water and roll dough into a ball.Place the dough in a plastic bag and keep it in the fridge to chill( about one hour).
- Peel and chop apples into small pieces.Add sugar ,cinnamon powder,1/4 cup flour and 2 tablespoon corn flour.Mix well.
- Remove dough from the fridge and cut it in half with a sharp knife. Roll out half of the dough and place in in a glass baking dish.Add the apple filling on the crust.Gently, pat the 3 teaspoon butter over the apple filling.Now, roll out the other half of the dough and cover the filling completely.Dip your hands into a bowl of water and pinch the sides of the crust together.Cover the sides of the crust with aluminum foil and make decorative slits on in the center.Place it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes at 205C degrees.
It is better to eat the pie after cooling it ( otherwise,the mouth might burn).