This is a light and healthy noodle soup bowl to have for lunch or dinner.
- 1 package rice vermicelli
- 1litre chicken broth, preferably low-sodium
- 2 cm sliced ginger
- 1 pod cardamon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- a pinch of sugar
- fish sauce to taste
- white pepper to taste
- For the garnishings:
- bean sprouts
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh coriander leaves
- sliced green chillies
- lime wedges
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Soak the rice vermicelli in a bowl of hot water to soften. Drain and set aside.
- Put the chicken broth in a pot. Add the ginger, cardamon, garlic, chicken breasts and bring to a boil. Remove the chicken breasts when they’re cooked, shred the meat and set aside.
- Strain the broth and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes. Add the chopped green onions and season with sugar (optional), fish sauce and pepper.
- Divide the noodles into the individual bowls. Ladle the soup over it and top with shredded chicken and the garnishings according to preferred quantities. Serve hot.