Baked Ham with Sweet ‘N Sour Plum Sauce
Give ham a delicious Asian twist. Serve with Gingered Snow Peas or Sesame Cucumbers, along with your family favorite side dishes.
6 pound fully-cooked boneless smoked ham
1 (15-ounce) can purple plums packed in heavy syrup, drained, pitted and pureed
1 cup crushed pineapple packed in juice, undrained
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
1 clove garlic , minced (1/2 teaspoon)
1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- Score ham by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven at 325°F (160°C). for 1 hour, 30 minutes to 1 hour, 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140°F (60°C).
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Brush ham with sauce every 15 minutes during last 30 minutes of baking.
- Remove to serving platter and tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Brush with sauce. Carve and serve with remaining sauce.
- If desired, garnish with green onion flowers, wedges of fresh plums and unpeeled pineapple.
Makes 24 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 202 calories Protein: 6 grams Fat: 6 grams Sodium: 1396 milligrams Cholesterol: 60 milligrams Saturated Fat: 2 grams Carbohydrates: 11 grams Fiber: 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired.